YouTube has become a well with many outlets to make money, making videos primarily. Once famous, you can bank your popularity to sell merchandise or products through your channels. YouTube can also get dispensed to develop an audience for business ventures like your website or blog. Creating high-quality video content would be best to ace that domain.
1. Enroll for the YouTube Partner Program to make money
Earning ad revenue through videos is a simple concept. Such ads run before, during or after your videos. Google gives you the liberty to decide the placement of such ads. Once set, the ads get displayed to anyone viewing that video YouTube will retain 45% of the amount paid by the advertiser and remit the remaining 55% to the creator
Assume that Netflix is willing to pay $5 for a particular placement of their ad on your entire video. So once the ad is visible to the viewer and the person chooses to see the ad for a fixed amount of time, Google will keep $0.45 and payout the remaining $ 0.55 to your partner’s YouTube Account. However, it sounds like little money; the cumulative effect of many seeing that Ad on your video will generate a sizeable chunk.
Steps to become one in the following ways
2. Start a YouTube Channel to make money
Select your niche and start a YouTube channel. While at it, YouTube will walk you through this process.
3. Start to create YouTube Videos to make money.
Click on YouTube studio and log on to it. Then begin creating content as per your niche. For example, you could talk about online business, which naturally attracts people, especially after the COVID episode. However, the tricky part is to stay sustained in generating similar content, as the first few videos will generate little interest in people. However, your commitment will change the tide, and people will eventually flock to your channel. So stay at it, be it vlogs, music videos, or just anything.
4. Fulfil the YouTube Partner Program Eligibility Requirements to make money.
For you to qualify for YouTube monetization, your YouTube channel should have clocked 4000 hours of video for the past 12 months. You should also have grown over 1000 subscribers to your channel. Before joining YouTube’s partner program, you should be at least 18 years of age.
While there is no specified timeframe to meet these requirements, you must honour them to commercialize your channel.
There needs to be a specified timeframe in which to meet these requirements. However, once you have achieved them, you can enable monetization features and start earning while posting content for your audience type.
5. Link your AdSense account to make money on YouTube
After fulfilling the eligibility requirements for an Adsense Account, you can begin making money from YouTube Ads. So, answer everything correctly while signing up for the Ad sense Account.
6. Configure all your newly available monetization methods to make money.
Once you enrol in the YouTube Partner Program, the means to monetize your channel opens up in the following ways.
- How to make money through Ad Revenue: This form of revenue gets generated when you turn on the ads on YouTube, and people begin seeing them. Here you need to pay attention to your Cost Per Thousand metrics to understand the relationship between views and YouTube earnings.
- How to make money through YouTube Red (Premium) Revenue: This avenue gets exercised when a premium account watches your videos. In that case, you’ll earn a small portion of their subscription fee. It would be a little money, but it takes hardly any effort on your behalf to monetize it.
- How to make money through Channel Memberships: Drive your YouTube account and channel to exceed 1,000 subscribers, and then you are open for channel memberships for your subscribers. They help you to charge a monthly fee to access some of your exclusive content. You can also earn revenue through different tiered levels in your channel memberships.
- Launch Your Merchandise Shelf to make money: Assuming you have over 10,000 subscribers, you will become eligible to launch and operate a merchandise shelf on your YouTube account. It gets exponential if you have a saying or catchphrase like Pewdiepie. It enables you to sell merchandise like an eCommerce site directly on your channel below your videos.
- Super Chat and Super Sticker to make money: These innovative and interactive elements allow users to pay to get seen in your live streams. When users purchase a “super chat” or “super sticker”, you get to see them. You can set this up post your channel gets 1,000 subscribers.
7. Make Content to make money without Violating YouTube Guidelines.
Once you have begun to earn money, there is practically no threshold to earning income. It all depends on your consistency of posting and the quality of content. However, take care not to violate any YouTube community guidelines regarding sensitive content, Spam/Deception, violent/dangerous content, banner ads, misinformation, or regulated goods while creating videos.
Bonus: Learn to to make money With YouTube Ad Revenue
- Try manually inserting ads when possible: A time-tested approach that keeps your users engaged through the ad rather than clicking off the video like other YouTubers.
- Refrain from swearing or saying controversial things that will hinder advertisers from participating in your videos. You only make money when advertisers advertise. So Keep content advertiser-friendly.
- YouTube is a game of numbers, and the number of views is essential to success. The more the number of videos posted, the more likely you will succeed through more views garnered.
- While advertising revenue remains the most passive way to make money, it’s just the tip of the iceberg to making money on YouTube.
8. Avail YouTube Premium Subscriber feature to make money.
While Adsense is quite rewarding, never keep YouTube’s premium subscriber feature on the back burner. You’ll benefit from that exercise if you can attract subscribers to your content.
Most YouTubers sideline this opportunity, as there needs to be more to target these specific users. However, monetizing that feature is going to be lucrative for a YouTuber.
9. Learn to make money by building a Blog to Compliment YouTube
YouTube is ideal for building your brand to create fans, which draws in many conversions and increases your business revenue.
As the second-largest search engine, YouTube is immensely capable of getting your brand within reach of your ideal audience and growing your audience in other areas.
10. Optimize your blog to make money
The idea behind creating a blog under the same branding is to rebound the same look and feel between the two and thus generate some mutual backlinking. To give justice to your blog design, hire a graphic designer or use some graphic software to the breeding similarity in structure between the channel and blog.
11. Share to bring about Your Blog to YouTube For More Traffic to make money
The next step after you start a blog is to share the content you’ve already posted on your YouTube channel. There are a few hacks to do this;
- Make mention of blog posts in your videos and spread the word to check them out in the description
- Create trending content to post in the description of your videos
The key here is to lure people to your blog to immerse them more deeply in your brand.
Unfortunately, YouTube is savvier in gathering information about viewers. Nevertheless, connecting it with a blog allows you to diversify and concrete deeper relationships with your biggest fans.
12. Capturing Blog Visitor Email Addresses to sign up and to make money.
Studies have demonstrated that for every $1 spent on email marketing, you can expect an assured return of $ 36. So the key to making more money with your blog is getting more visitors from YouTube or getting them to sign up for your email list.
Consistently post content of value in your blog. Offer your audience freebies of value to collect their email ids. It could be signing up for a course, a checklist, a PDF, an ebook, or anything your audience needs to pay attention to.
13. Use Email to Grow and Make Recommendations to make money.
To create engagement and recommendations, use your email address by sending it out with every blog, post or YouTube video you make. If you have some affiliate products, recommend them through email. Eventually, this exercise will enable you to pile up some neat commissions.
14. Create a Faceless YouTube Channel
Bypass the conventional requirement for sitting in front of a camera, followed by recording and editing. There is no need to have a dedicated face for your YouTube channel wherein you have to picture yourself. Instead, you can access content incorporated from others following fair copyright laws. You reach out to sites like Shutterstock to get high-quality photos and videos. This business model is popularly known as the faceless YouTube Model.
15. Develop and sell a course to make money
Making and selling a course is one surefire way to earn money on YouTube. If your content is excellent and offers superb value to your followers, they will be obliged to buy your course to help them improve their lives. Many topics include health, personal development, digital marketing, and fitness or other curriculum courses. Many YouTubers are already similarly making a lot of money. If you run a similar channel, you line up your efforts using YTubeBooster, a top-of-the-line channel boosting software on the same YouTube SDK model.
16. Affiliate marketing
You could greatly supplant your income from affiliate marketing if you have a large follower base. It is an excellent idea as large marketing agencies depend less on themselves for marketing their content. Many make thousands from this program. Most interesting brands are always looking to find out how many subscribers a video creator has to himself before partnering. Even with a small follower base, you make a decent living on the YouTube platform using compelling videos.
- Use YTubeBooster or TubeBuddy to find your YouTube video title to complete keyword research.
17. Plenty of software products to be reviewed
Software or product reviews can earn money from brands seeking exposure and sales. You can visit appsumo, the online marketplace for software products, and get in touch with creators to initiate your writing proposals.
18. Work with Sponsorships
Most brands are happy to pay exceptionally well for quality videos that help them achieve their business objectives, and YouTube influencer marketing is growing in popularity.
So if you’re looking for ways to make more money on YouTube, working with sponsorships is a great option!
Remember, when you create sponsored content or “sponsor” advertising, you must be transparent about it on your YouTube channel. This way, your audience can tell that you’re advertising to them, and you won’t run into any legal issues. You can use YouTube’s disclosure feature to add transparency and build a stronger relationship with your viewers. Adhere to Google’s Ad Policies of the Adsense account to avoid possible issues with your accounts, such as suspension or even termination. Sponsored content should always follow the FTC and ASA guidelines to ensure that audiences are well-informed about what they’re watching.
Following the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines and the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) is essential when creating sponsored content. Ensure that your audience knows that they are advertised. Your relationship needs to be transparent with them. You can use YouTube’s disclosure feature to add a disclaimer to your videos, which will help avoid legal issues and build a stronger bond with your viewers.
19. Sell Services
Selling services such as masterminds and group consulting to your followers is an effective way to monetize your YouTube channel and earn money. It is a type of monetization that can be slow to start, but it can be very lucrative once you reach critical mass.
If you have a YouTube channel focusing on retail arbitrage, you could formulate a service that helps others by reviewing their accounts and providing tips for success. It would earn you money through YouTube sales and help build a strong community around your services. It is much like making money on Reddit as well. Render a service for someone, and they’ll compensate you for your work.
You can make money off of YouTube by selling YouTube live streams. You can sell products to your live-streaming audience. It is a great way to make money in popular niches such as beauty and fashion.
To make this more profitable, you should create your products and offers to sell to your viewers. It will help your league in the competition, and you can make more money this way.
If you already have a store or business that customers can walk into, you can use your live stream channel to drive leads to your products. You can provide links to affiliate products found through search engines. Inculcate strong trust among your followers and turn them into loyal customers. You can do this by being consistent with your videos or using a YouTube shorts fund. The more your followers trust you, the more likely they will be around to purchase the products on your profile.
YouTube allows content creators to make money by selling merchandise to their followers. You can make a consistent income from your sales if you have a large enough following. However, it would be best to start small and gradually build up to this level.
Merchandising is just one of the many revenue streams available to Youtubers.
Choose from the many ways to earn money on YouTube in 2022 and beyond. You can become a YouTube Partner and earn money from ads or create and sell your own products. You can also join the YouTube Partner Program and make a share of the revenue from the videos you monetize. Additionally, you can launch a YouTube channel and build a following, then work with brands and businesses to create sponsored content. There are also many opportunities to earn money through online courses, ebooks, and other digital products. With so many options, there’s sure to be a way for you to mint money on YouTube for many years to come!